How to design an LED lighting system?
Due to its efficiency, durability, and ability to provide outstanding light quality, LED lighting has become the preferred source for designing a residential LED lighting system.
Today, LEDs are used in almost every lighting design.
But why are LEDs so popular? And what makes them so attractive compared to traditional incandescent or halogen bulbs?
In this article we explore everything you need to know about LEDs in residential lighting design.
What is LED lighting and how does it work?
LED stands for light-emitting diode, and it produces light up to 90 percent more efficiently than incandescent bulbs.
It is a semiconductor light source that emits light when an electric current flows through a microchip.
To avoid performance problems, the heat produced by LEDs is absorbed in a heat sink.
Let us now look at their use in the lighting design of an environment.
How LEDs are used in lighting design
LED strip lights are a great way to add a unique design element to a home, office, or other space, which is why they are increasingly being considered in lighting design.
Because of their small size, they offer designers the opportunity to innovate and create unique designs.
Some LED solutions are designed to resemble ordinary household bulbs, for example, mimicking the appearance of an incandescent bulb.
You can also opt for a hybrid approach that uses a nontraditional bulb or a specially designed light source to replace a single fixture.
In short, LED strips offer a fantastic opportunity to create unprecedented lighting schemes.
The advantages of using LED lighting
LEDs offer several advantages over traditional bulbs, including:
- They are brighter than a traditional bulb that has the same wattage.
- They are able to emit light with a color temperature closer to that of the Sun and therefore more comfortable for the eyes.
- They have a much longer lifespan than traditional bulbs and never burn out.
Why design an LED lighting system
Why you design a system with LED strips is easy to say-they lend themselves to being controlled via the network. The control possibilities are many:
- one can activate the on/off function,
- adjust the color of the light,
- change its brightness,
- set on/off time,
- create a combination of all three of these parameters.
The technologies that enable users to dim, change color, and turn on/off LED lights are:
● Remote control via WiFi (to operate the bulbs wirelessly).
● Remote control via smartphone or tablet
● Presence sensors (to activate the lights only when you enter the room)
All you need to do all this is a good internet connection and remote control device, as well as having a good LED lighting system installed.